12.10.08



34 years ago I bought my very first record (a vinyl LP!) with my pocket money.
It was called something like Whopper Hits 74 and I think -although this detail may just be wishful thinking- it featured a giant rainbow-trailing star on the cover
Anyway it had this song on it by the Hues Corporation


And I'll be damned if it's not
still funky! Plus Ann Kelley really knows how to work a jumpsuit.


One year ago today we were up at the farm in Uamby

and first met a sheepdog who was to be called Harper and who we would end up adopting into our family.
What a great birthday present that was
Happy birthday to other October girls, you know who
you are.

Oh, and I made this little owl 


for another birthday girl. 

It looks much better in the photo than it does in reality, because you can't see the messy bottom, or his -like all the toys I make it seems-  wonky asymmetry (my fault not the pattern's) but it's the thought that counts right. . . right?

You can find the tutowrial for this quick project at moonstitches




11 Comments:

Blogger M-H said...

Haven't seen you for ages. Hope you are well.

13 October 2008 at 8:15 am  
Blogger Mari said...

Happy Birthday, Carson!
:-)
The owl is so very cute.

13 October 2008 at 8:51 am  
Blogger m1k1 said...

I love that owl. And anyway, who says they have to be absolutely symmetrical? I'm not.
Your choice of fabrics makes it perfect.

13 October 2008 at 9:10 am  
Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG, that song! I used to love that song! "Rock on witcha bad self..."

13 October 2008 at 10:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and I hope the rest of the day was good :)

13 October 2008 at 10:42 am  
Blogger shula said...

I had that album, I forget the name too, but i remember the cover.

But my very first album was Slade Alive. THAT, I will never forget. It took me forever to save up for it.

Happy birthday Carson. So lovely to see you posting.

13 October 2008 at 12:08 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

Happy birthday.

Embrace the wonk.

13 October 2008 at 3:48 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

hey, Happy Birthday!!

what a lovely reflective post - hard to believe it's only been a year since Harper joined the tribe, eh?

and I love the concentrated look on that owl.

13 October 2008 at 10:40 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Happy birthday!

14 October 2008 at 3:23 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Aw, happy birthday and happy Harperversary!

15 October 2008 at 12:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loooooooooved that song. Oh. My.

That is my kind of music, Detroit born and bred! :)

My very first album I bought with my own money was also an LP: AC/DC Back in Black. Lol....the liberty of being raised by a busy single mom I guess.

Happy Birthday!

17 October 2008 at 11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home